Conference Theme | Summit Goals | Plenaries | Workshops
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Thursday, July 16, 2018
REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR SPONSORED ATTENDEES: NOW!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Community-based-organizations serving Asian, Arab, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, trafficking, family violence, and other forms of abuse
- Multi-service agencies advocating for Asian and Pacific Islander communities on a range of issues
- Policy makers and funders addressing gender-based violence, civil rights, civic engagement, language access, housing, economic security, and immigrant and refugee rights affecting APIs
- National domestic violence organizations, state coalitions, technical assistance/training providers
- Bi-cultural and/or bi-lingual front-line staff, community organizers serving API youth, elders, LGBTQ individuals, refugees, immigrants
- Systems’ advocates serving API survivors
- Researchers, scholars, students
NOTE TO OVW GRANTEES:
OVW has approved OVW grantees to attend the 2018 API Agent of Change: Disrupting Gender Violence/Defining Gender Democracy Summit.
Grantees from ICJR, Transitional Housing, SASP-Cultural and State Coalition programs have conditionally approved their grantees to attend this conference. Grantees are required to contact their OVW program specialist to get approval specific to their award and to ensure that a Grant Adjustment Notice (GAN) is issued. A GAN must be completed before grantees commit or expend any funds related to attending this conference.
Grantees from STOP may be invited to attend this conference and do not have to contact their program manager for prior approval. STOP sub-grantees need approval from their STOP State Administrator. Grantees who are not required to get prior approval to attend this conference should be advised to place a “memo to the file” in their grant records indicating the conference approval reference number.
The reference number for this conference is OVW-2018-MU-022. This number must be used by grantees when requesting approval via a GAN or in their “memo to the file." This approval and assigned reference number is for this conference only.
FOR SPONSORED ATTENDEES:
In order to have as many advocates from culturally-specific API-serving programs attend and to evenly distribute financial support for DV/SA/GBV agencies needing it, APIGBV is providing sponsorships.
HOTEL: 2 nights (8/5 and 8/6), double occupancy, for one advocate per organization
HOTEL FOR HAWAII TRAVELERS: 3 nights (8/5, 8/6, 8/7), double occupancy, for one advocate per agency
AIR FARE: $200 for 1 advocate for CBOs in Arizona, California, Nevada
$300 for 1 advocate for CBOs in Oregon, Washington
$400 for 1 advocate for CBOs in Midwest and Southwest
$500 for 1 advocate for CBOs on East Coast and Hawai'i
$650 for 1 advocate for CBOs in Alaska
FROM PACIFIC REGION: Up to 5 hotel nights and $2,000 in airfare
$150 Registration fee waived
To register, click here. For registration questions, contact Shirley Luo. For sponsorship questions, contact Chic Dabby.