This conference will help both new and experienced CCR teams improve their practices in identifying, investigating, documenting, and prosecuting cases that involve strangulation, stalking, abuse of technology, and firearms. To register, click here.
As a result of this conference, attendees will be better able to:
1. Analyze the reasons why strangulation, stalking, the abuse of technology and firearms raise risk and danger to victims of intimate partner violence (IPV) and sexual violence;
2. Tailor specific responses to address both victim safety and offender accountability in potentially lethal cases;
3. Investigate and prosecute offenders who strangle, stalk, abuse technology and firearms to promote accountability;
4. Collect and preserve evidence of strangulation, stalking, technology abuse, and the presence of firearms;
5. Draft detailed written reports and improve prosecution outcomes;
6. Empower victims through sound trauma-informed investigations and prosecutions of IPV and sexual violence;
7. Continue to enhance existing partnerships to strengthen your jurisdiction’s response to dangerous offenders;
8. Design community-specific action plans that can help promote changes to current practices in your community to hold offenders accountable and centralize victim safety.
Who Should Attend
Grantees are strongly encouraged to attend the conference in multidisciplinary teams involved in a Coordinated Community Response. Teams should include representatives from law enforcement, prosecution, and advocacy.
Registration for this event is currently open to OVW grantees that receive funding from the Improving Criminal Justice Responses (ICJR) Program until May 20. Registration will open for grantees of the STOP and Rural programs May 20. Priority registration is given to OVW funded ICJR Grantees.
For questions related to the content of the conference, please contact Sujata Warrier, BWJP Director Training and TA: 612-824-8768 x116, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions related to conference logistics or OVW grants, please contact Jeanne Larson, CGMP, at BWJP: 612-824-8768, x101; email@example.com.
You will receive a confirmation upon completion of your registration to the email address you submit on your registration form. This confirmation includes instructions and deadlines for making your hotel reservations. If you do NOT receive this confirmation (check your junk email) please contact Jeanne Larson and she will send you a copy. Thank you!